The Health and Safety Executive’s annual statistics report is now available on their website:
Did you know?
- 1.1 million working people were suffering from a work-related illness.
- 173 workers killed at work.
- 111 000 other injuries to employees were reported under RIDDOR.
- 212 000 over-3-day absence injuries occurred (LFS).
- 27 million working days were lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury.
- Workplace injuries and ill health (excluding cancer) cost society an estimated £13.4 billion in 2010/11.