At Morrish Solicitors, our objective is to recruit the very best people for the right job. We offer a friendly and positive environment to work in where everyone is treated with respect. We aim to make sure that not only do we benefit from the skills of the individual but all staff have a clear vision of their role and valuable contribution to the company. Please see below our current vacancy.
Employment Solicitor, Leeds City Centre
Due to continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full-time qualified solicitor to join our well-established law firm based in Leeds City Centre. This is a rare opportunity to work in an exclusively Claimant-focussed environment and we are particularly interested in applications from confident self-starters who are not afraid to hit the ground running.
Successful applicants will be approximately 2 to 3 years’ PQE and working in the Employment sector, be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate a strong academic background with experience gained at a leading firm.
You will be joining a highly respected team offering excellent quality work and a rewarding career. Our Employment Rights Team consists of lawyers dedicated to advising on and pursuing employment and industrial relations issues in the tribunals and courts for Unions, Associations, professional bodies and their members, as well as private clients, covering all business sectors, across a range of industries and job roles.
If you would like to apply for this role please forward your CV, together with a covering letter, to Nikki Morton, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Property, Yeadon
Are you an ambitious solicitor looking to take on the next exciting challenge in your career? A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a senior Conveyancing solicitor. We are looking for a diligent, confident, self-motivated and experienced solicitor to fill the role of Head of Property.
As well as running your own caseload you will also have day to day management responsibilities including supervising and supporting staff, ensuring the firm and its staff remain compliant with CQS and be involved in growing the department. You will report to the Partners and attend the quarterly Partners meetings.
Primarily based at our office in Yeadon you will be joining a friendly, hard working department which operates from two locations, Pudsey and Yeadon. We are well established in the local area and would like someone to join the team who enjoys being busy and client interaction.
Key management requirements for this role are:
- Minimum 5 years Post Qualification Experience in Residential Property
- Experience dealing with all aspects of Residential Conveyancing
- Good technical knowledge
- Pro-active approach to risk management
- An interest and ability in business development
- At least 2 years’ experience in supervising staff
- Able to demonstrate confidence and self-motivation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Day to day responsibilities:
- Managing your own caseload
- Dealing with the legal matters surrounding the buying and selling of properties
- Advising clients on all aspects of the buying or selling processes
- Dealing with file related queries either via email or by telephone
- Attending with clients, taking instructions and conducting enquiries as necessary
- Title checking
- Signing certificates of titles
- Salary is negotiable according to experience
- Life insurance
- Pension plan with company contributions
- 23 days holiday each year
- Flexible/Agile working
If you think you have experience and qualities we are looking for please submit your CV, together with a covering letter to email@example.com