Employment Solicitors, Leeds – The Morrish Solicitors Employment Rights Team in Leeds has built a formidable reputation representing people of all backgrounds through our work for individual clients, Unions, Associations, professional bodies and their members across the UK. This gives us a wider and deeper level of experience and skill than most law firms in assisting and representing individuals on all shapes and sizes of employment problem.
We not only undertake representation in the employment tribunals and courts but we also assist individuals whilst in employment, helping with problems at work, advising on Contracts of Employment and disciplinary/grievance procedures, helping to negotiate severance packages and assisting with mediation.
We will support and advise you in relation to any difficulties you are experiencing at work. We will carefully explain to you what is involved ensuring you are given the best advice and support from your initial contact with us to a successful resolution.
We provide specialist employment legal assistance to executives and professionals in respect of issues that concern them, such as restrictive covenants, Director’s duties, pay and benefits.
Examples of the areas of employment law that our team of Leeds employment solicitors regularly advise on are:
- Unfair Dismissal and wrongful dismissal
- Protective Awards and Collective Redundancy and TUPE
- Contractual disputes, including pay, bonuses, restrictive convenant and Director’s duties
- Discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender, race, religion and belief and sexual orientation, including harassment and victimisation
- Detrimental treatment
- Settlement (Compromise) Agreements
- Employment status
- TUPE (transfer of undertakings)
- Holiday Pay
We can advise on different sources of funding; a ‘no win, no fee’ arrangement may be available, alternatively legal expense insurance, capped or fixed price fees.
Employment law is a complex practice. This is why our Employment Rights Team comprises of qualified Solicitors dedicated to pursuing employment issues in the Courts and Tribunals for employees, ensuring your case with us is handled with the highest level of expertise.
We act for individuals across the UK. For every case and every client we assist, we make sure we are the best law firm. We will provide you with clear, straightforward and professional advice.
We have enormous experience in this field; for example we have represented individuals in a number of important reported cases, such as New Southern Railway v Quinn  ICR 761 at the EAT, concerning sex and maternity discrimination, Optare Group Ltd v TGWU  IRLR 931 at the EAT, concerning collective redundancies, Shah v First West Yorkshire Limited ET/1809311/09, one of the earliest decisions on Working Time Regulations 1998 holiday pay during sickness absence, Wilsons Solicitors v Johnsons and others [UKEAT051510] at the EAT concerning costs and Leeds City Council v Woodhouse [2010 EWCA Civ 410], race discrimination and victimisation, at the Court of Appeal.
If you need an employment law expert please telephone 033 3344 9603 and ask to speak to:
or complete our contact form below and one of our employment solicitors in Leeds will get back to you within 24 hours.
Visit the Employment Law Blog
For further information, please take a look at our employment factsheets:
- Redundancy – A Summary
- Facebook and Employment
- ACAS Code of Practice
- Discrimination Under the Equality Act 2010
- Settlement (Compromise) Agreements
- Contracts of Employment
- Disability Discrimination
- Equal Pay
- Hours of Work and Holidays
- Snow Q&A
- Top 10 Tips for Surviving Redundancy
- TUPE – An Employee’s Guide
- What Happens at an Employment Tribunal Hearing?
- Collective Redundancy and Protective Awards
- Employment Law Changes Summary Update
- Executive & Professional Unit
- Early Conciliation and Time Limits
- Top 10 Tips If You’ve Had A Disciplinary
- Top 10 Tips For Pregnant Employees
- A new job? What do I need to know about the contract I’ve been offered?
- A problem at work? What do I need to do to try to resolve it?
- What is a Protective Award and am I entitled to one?
- Shared Parental Leave
- Restrictive Covenants
- Compensation Limits
- Mediation and Negotiation
- Employment Discrimination: The Reality
- Unfair Dismissal
- Trade Unions and Strike Action – The Facts