Sign up to our newsletter
January 2019 – Workers are risking GDPR penalties by forwarding work emails to personal accounts
February 2018 – disclosure of evidence and contract against a third party
March 2018 – Employment Tribunal statistics
April 2018 – variations to employee’s contracts and changes to the Vento bands
May 2018 – New dress code and sex discrimination guidance released
June 2018 – illegally obtained information in the context of trade union activities and comparators in equal pay claims
July 2018 – appeals against dismissal or disciplinary sanctions
August 2018 – qualifying periods for unfair dismissal, and the question of legal advice privilege in discrimination cases
October 2018 – banter or harassment?
November 2018 – employment status/gig economy cases
December 2018 – ET awards for dismissals that are procedurally unfair
- January 2017 – dismissals and mobility clauses
- February 2017 – statutory collective bargaining
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 2017
- June 2017 – holiday pay and the latest caselaw
- July 2017 – Taylor Review – modern working practices
- August 2017
- September 2017 – changes to employee’s contracts and Vento Bands
- October 2017 – European Court of Justice decisions relating to the protection afforded to women from unfavourable treatment
- December 2017 – trade union inducements and ET statistics for Q3
- January 2016 – penalty clauses in Settlement Agreements and taxation of injury to feelings awards.
- February 2016 – age discrimination and holiday pay
- March 2016 – pregnancy and maternity discrimination and whistleblowing
- April/May 2016 – time limits and re-engagement orders
- June 2016 – court & tribunal fees and protected conversations
- July 2016 – ill-treatment of vulnerable migrant workers
- August 2016 – influence of third parties in disciplinary procedures
- September 2016 -disabled employees and pay protection and the scope of an ACAS EC certificate
- October 2016 – judicial assessment procedure
- November 2016 – final warnings and paid holidays
- December 2016 – whistleblowing
- January 2015 – wages claims
- February 2015 – age discrimination claims
- Manifesto – Special Edition
- April 2015 – whistleblowing
- May/June 2015 – collective redundancies and ACAS early conciliation
- June 2015 – discrimination
- July 2015 – holiday pay
- August 2015 – Trade Union Bill
- September 2015 – significant case that clarifies HR’s role in disciplinary situations and also some news on breaking employment law developments.
- October 2015 – caste discrimination, travelling time for mobile workers and TUPE
- December 2015 – religious beliefs, ET rules and early conciliation, inconsistent treatment of employees
- December 2015 part 2 – reasonable adjustments
- February 2014 – Employment Tribunal fees, collective redundancy rights and the burden of proof in discrimination claims
- March 2014 – Indisputable evidence that Employment Tribunal Fees bar access to justice
- April 2014 – secondary industrial action, calculating Protective Awards, TUPE and financial penalties for employers.
- May 2014 – judicial review on unfair dismissal cap dismissed and constructive dismissal and affirmation of the contract.
- June 2014 – flexible working regime
- July 2014 – dismissal based on a “live” disciplinary warning and restrictive covenants
- August 2014 – trade union detriment cases
- September 2014 – recent changes in Employment Law and Employment Tribunal’s claims in pension loss
- October 2014 – new remedy in equal pay litigation and Judgment from the Employment Appeal Tribunal regarding the use of personal emails in the workplace.
- November 2014 – Early Conciliation statistics and time limits
- December 2014 – cases on obesity as a disability and knowledge of detriment in whistle blowing cases
- January 2013 – collectively agreed terms, time limits and Tribunal changes.
- February 2013 – does UK Trade Union recognition law comply with Article 11 of the European Convention on Human Rights? Are transferee employers bound by collective negotiations taking place with the transferor after the date of transfer?
- March 2013 – Disability discrimination and redundancy
- April 2013 – Recent tribunal guidance for fees
- May 2013 – Protective Awards – ET orders for failure to consult in collective redundancy/TUPE cases.
- June 2013 – Important new case on protective awards for failure to consult in a collective redundancy situation, and news of the latest Employment Law Reforms
- July 2013 – Employment law and Employment Tribunal changes coming up on 29 July 2013
- August 2013 – Employee shareholders and recent holiday pay cases
- October 2013 – The principal reason for resignation – Wright v North Ayrshire Council  UKEAT
- November 2013 – TUPE Changes
- September 2012 – union Blacklisting and TUPE unfair dismissal case.
- October 2012 – holiday pay, injury to feelings, the territorial scope of Union recognition and good news about appointments at our firm.
- November 2012 – report into gender balance and definition of ‘disability’.
- December 2012 – trade union blacklisting, discrimination time limits, annual increase in compensation limits