Professional negligence cases tend to involve the more difficult, heavyweight questions of the law, are generally complicated, and can go on for a long time. At Morrish Solicitors, we have a dedicated team of Lawyers dealing with claims arising from the negligence of professionals where that negligence has given rise to financial loss.This is a particularly specialised and sensitive area of legal practice and our professional negligence cases are only ever dealt with by appropriately experienced, senior Solicitors.
Our professional negligence team comprises members of the Law Society’s Legal Complaints Service Panel and the Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association. The team has handled a diverse range of professional negligence cases for both individuals and institutional clients for over 25 years.
We are specialists in this highly complex area of law and act solely on behalf of Claimants.
We deal with a wide range of claims resulting from professional negligence, but have particular expertise with claims arising from services provided by:
- Financial Practitioners
- Construction Professionals
- Insurance Brokers
- Under Settled Personal Injury Claims
We have previously successfully handled claims and secured compensation for clients where:
- Surveyors have failed to properly carry out a client’s mortgage valuation survey missing massive subsidence leading to the property in question being condemned
- Accountants have failed to correctly draw up accounts or to file them in time leading to financial losses by the business concerned and penalties by the Inland Revenue
- Solicitors dealing with the purchase of our client’s property have failed to secure appropriate rights of way or to advise in relation to the position of for example public footpaths
We offer a free half hour consultation and in appropriate cases “No Win, No Fee” arrangements may be available.
We are also able to offer ‘after the event’ insurance from the leading provider in the market to guard against the risk of having to pay the costs of the other side in what is a particularly complex area of the law.
Strict time limits apply to these cases. It is imperative that you contact us immediately you are aware of a potential claim against a professional. Delay can adversely affect the value of a claim and may even mean your claim cannot be pursued at all.