If you are made redundant or transferred to another company your employer potentially has a legal duty to provide information and engage in consultation.
When collective redundancies and business transfers take place without adequate consultation, affected employees may have claims for a Protective Award
These Protective Awards can provide for compensation of up to a maximum of 90 days’ gross pay (for redundancy)/13 weeks’ gross pay (for a transfer of employment) for each affected employee.
- If you are 1 of at least 20 employees who have recently been made redundant, or if you have been informed that your role is at risk of redundancy, you may be eligible to bring a Protective Award claim.
- If you have recently been (“TUPE”) transferred to a new employer, or informed that you are to be transferred to a new employer, you may be eligible to bring a Protective Award claim.
Our specialist team can provide expert advice about Protective Award claims. We have extensive experience of these claims and act for employees all over the UK.
- Recently won Protective Award claims for over 100 former Phones 4U employees who were made redundant when the company went into administration without consultation:
- Won Protective Award claims for over 250 former City Link employees who were made redundant without consultation:
- Secured Protective Awards for former employees of Oakworth Joinery, 2e2, Jarvis (which resulted in over £3 million paid out to the former employees), Austin Reed, 4Children and Aqua Interiors, to name but a few.
Read our recent ‘getting away with it‘ article.
Whilst there is no cap on compensation (although there are caps on payments made by the Redundancy Payments Office), in our experience individual employees could receive as much as between £5,000 to £6,000 (or between £3,000 to £3,700 if the company is insolvent).
Please note that strict time limits apply in these cases (generally just 3 months less one day from the date of the redundancy/transfer) – act quickly, or you could well lose out.
Recent feedback for our team:
“You have been a pleasure to have been connected with, very approachable, friendly and informative at all times. I would not hesitate to utilise your services again should I ever need to in future, and I am confident that goes for many of the other people you have assisted with our case.”
“To everyone at Morrish Solicitors, thank you for all your hard work, time, effort and determination in taking on my case for me. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for everything that you have done to bring this case to a successful conclusion. You should all be very proud of the justice and happiness that you have bought us all”. Ex-Phones4u employee.
“I would like to thank you and your colleagues for the work you have carried out in this matter, which has resulted in an excellent outcome”. Ex-4Children employee
“This is great news. Thanks for your continued efforts”. Ex-Austin Reed employee
If you would like advice on Protective Awards or require further information about our services please take a look at our ‘What is a Protective Award’ factsheet, contact a member of our team on 033 3344 9603 or complete our contact form.
If you are a Union member, speak to your Union without delay.
For non-trade union members, we can offer ‘no win, no fee’ terms.