Luxury fashion house, Roland Mouret has entered administration, leading to the loss of 84 jobs.
Employees made redundant from Roland Mouret without consultation could be entitled to pursue a Protective Award Claim.
Roland Mouret Protective Award Claim
Employees who worked at Roland Mouret and have been made redundant without consultation following the firm’s collapse into administration, could claim up to 90 days’ pay by making a Protective Award Claim.
When making more than 20 redundancies at one workplace, employers are under a duty to inform and consult with employee representatives. If they fail to do this before employees are made redundant, claims can be made for compensation.
Our expert employment solicitors handle Protective Award Claims on a no win, no fee basis. This means you do not need to pay any legal fees unless your claim is successful.
If you are an employee who has been affected by the collapse of Roland Mouret please contact our employment team on 033 3344 9603 or email [email protected] to discuss a potential Protective Award Claim.
Please note, there is no minimum length of service required to make a Protective Award Claim.
How do I make a Protective Award claim?
To make a Protective Award claim, simply:
- Contact us. With as much information as you can regarding your redundancy.
- Free consultation. We will gather and review any further evidence we need to support your case. If your case has good prospects, we may be able to act for you and your colleagues on a no win no fee basis.
- Claim submission. Once we have agreed to act, we will submit your claim via ACAS and, if needs be, an Employment Tribunal.
- Settlement. Our solicitors will explore the possibility of a resolution without a full hearing, although this isn’t always possible.
- Tribunal hearing. If it cannot be resolved beforehand, a Tribunal hearing will take place for a decision to be made, at which you will be represented.
- Protective Award. You could be entitled to up to 90 days’ pay.
- Compensation Recovery. If the employer is insolvent, from the government’s insolvency service (subject to caps) or in any other case from the employer direct.
Our specialist solicitors will guide you through the entire process. We aim to make the process as simple and stress-free as possible and will handle everything on your behalf.
Is there a time limit for making a Protective Award claim?
There is a time limit of 3 months (less one day), within which to pursue this claim in the Employment Tribunal, which is likely to run from the date your employment ended. This is subject to any extension through use of the ACAS Early Conciliation process.
How can Morrish Solicitors help me?
Our experienced employment solicitors are national experts in Protective Award claims. In the past, we have represented:
- Over 1,500 former Thomas Cook employees. We achieved the maximum Protective Award of 90 days’ pay for many of their Head Office workers in London, Manchester and Peterborough (ITV News, BBC News, TSSA)
- 260 former CityLink employees, who were each awarded 90 days’ pay (BBC News, ITV News).
- We’ve also had success in other large Protective Award claims such as Phones4u (Yorkshirelegalnews), Sash Uk Ltd, Turners Fine Foods, Howard Hunt (City) Ltd, 3AAA, Paperlinx, Austin Reed, Maplin, Poundworld and others.
It is always beneficial to have a specialist employment solicitor on your side when making a Protective Award claim. These types of claims are complex and not widely understood, making the chances of a positive outcome much higher when you have an experienced solicitor on your side.
There are several procedural and technical pitfalls that could lead to your claim being rejected. If the claim is defended (for example because of “special circumstances”) or you cannot secure permission to proceed, you could lose altogether.
The process of securing compensation can also be time consuming, often taking up to 18 months or more. We can handle the whole Tribunal and/or Court process for you from start to finish, making sure you have the best chance of winning your case.
If you would like to discuss a protective award claim, please contact us on 033 3344 9603 or simply email [email protected] with your request.