At Morrish Solicitors, our team of dedicated personal injury lawyers understand the sensitive nature of pursuing a claim against your employer. Your employer will hold Employers Liability Insurance which will cover you in the event of a work accident.
With our extensive expertise in pursuing work accident claims, complemented by a friendly and professional team, we will guide you through the necessary steps to ensure that your claim is completed as quickly as possible and with minimum disruption to you.
Your employer’s duty to prevent work accidents
Your employer has a duty to provide you with a safe place and system of work, together with safe working equipment and sufficient training to enable you to carry out your duties safely.
You have the right to return home from work unharmed, but if you suffer injury as a result of the fault / negligence of your employer or a fellow employee, then you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim.
There are many laws and regulations which serve to protect you against work accidents, and as experts in this area we are best placed to advise you about how these apply to your individual set of circumstances. .
Types of work accidents
Our specialist team has successfully dealt with many thousands of claims embracing a wide range of work accident types. The most common include:
- Accidents caused by work colleagues’ negligence or fault
- Defective or faulty equipment
- Manual Handling
- Slips and Trips in the workplace
- Travelling in a work vehicle
- Unsafe working methods or practices
What to do if you are injured as a result of a workplace accident
• If you have suffered an injury at work, make sure you report the work accident to your employer as soon as possible.
• Any injury sustained at work (including minor injuries) should be recorded in your employer’s ‘accident book’.
• Make a careful note of how your accident occurred and, if appropriate, take photographs / draw a plan of the area where the accident occurred.
• If anyone witnesses your work accident, be sure to take down their names and contact information.
Work Accident Claim Advice
If you have suffered injury as a result of a workplace accident in the last three years, please contact our solicitors on 033 3344 9600 or complete our online accident claim form for further advice as to whether you can make a claim for compensation.