Today sees the launch of the Resolution Manifesto for Family Law, setting out what needs to change in the family justice system in order to improve the lives of separating and separated families across England and Wales.
Resolution’s Manifesto for Family Law sets out what the next government should do in order to improve the lives of separating and separated families across England and Wales, for marriages, civil partnerships and unmarried couples. The current laws around divorce and separation are often barriers to finding constructive outcomes in separation.
The Manifesto, developed by Resolution committees and members across the country, identifies six key areas where they believe changes are needed to our family justice system:
- Protect vulnerable people going through separation
- Introduce measures to keep divorce out of court
- Introduce a Parenting Charter to help parents understand their responsibilities when they separate
- Allow people to divorce without blame
- Give people more financial clarity on divorce
- Protect couples who live together