I obtained my Law degree at Northumbria University, Newcastle in 2007 and joined the firm as a Legal Assistant in 2008. I went onto complete my training contract at Morrish before qualifying as a Solicitor at the firm in 2011. I am now one of the firm’s partners working in the medical negligence department.
I specialise exclusively in clinical negligence. I have a wide range of experience and run a varied caseload which includes delay in diagnosing cancer claims, GP negligence, orthopaedic injuries, gynaecological and obstetric injury and gastroenterology. I also and work alongside the Partner of the clinical negligence department dealing with high value birth injury cases.
- Accredited Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel
- Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- Previous AvMA Helpline Volunteer
- Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers (SCIL)
- Law Society
“ I cannot thank you enough for all your hard work on my case and the professional way you handled every aspect, including my request to let me know every step along the way, even if there was no news at all.”
“ Your confidence and friendliness was fantastic but above all you believed in me.”
“ Just to say a big thank you to all, especially, Anna Whalley. Morrish have helped me to close this traumatic issue with dignity.”
greatest professional achievement
Winning my first clinical negligence trial in my second year of qualification.
Other successful cases include:
- Negligently performed surgery to correct a hallux valgus deformity (bunion) of the left foot – settled £250,000.
- Negligently performed laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) during which the Claimant suffered a major injury to the common bile duct – settled £350,000.
- Negligently performed lumbar puncture causing the Claimant to suffer permanent damage to the sacral nerve roots and ongoing chronic back pain and left leg numbness – settled £62,500.