The New National Minimum Wage rates, which come into effect from 1 October 2011, have been published.
- The adult rate will increase from £5.93 to £6.08 an hour;
- The rate for 18-20 year olds will increase from £4.92 to £4.98 an hour;
- The rate for 16-17 year olds will increase from GBP 3.64 to GBP 3.68 an hour;
- The rate for apprentices will increase from GBP 2.50 to GBP 2.60 an hour.
- Statutory Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay increases from £124.88 to £128.73;
- Statutory sick pay increases from £79.15 to £81.60;
- Maternity Allowance increases from £124.88 to £128.73.