October is ‘Make a Will Month’ for St. Gemma’s Hospice and The Hospice has joined forces with Morrish Solicitors to give you an opportunity to have your Will written in return for a donation to the Hospice.*
If you would like to make an appointment, please call 033 3344 9600, quoting ‘St. Gemma’s Hospice Make a Will Month’:
Why make a Will?
Only about 3 in every 10 people have made a Will. For many of us, it’s a subject we’d rather not think about, but setting affairs in order now can make life much easier for our loved ones later.
A standard Will can cost around £120, so this is a substantial saving. We are not asking for a set minimum donation, but as it costs £8 million to keep St. Gemma’s Hospice running each year, we ask that you give what you can. This is how your gift could help:
- £75 could provide a complementary therapy session for a patient which could include massage, aromatherapy or hypnotherapy
- £100 could fund a specialist bereavement support session
- £145 could fund an intravenous therapy such as a blood transfusion for an Out Patient
How to take part in Make a Will month
- Contact one of our Solicitors at our Pudsey or Yeadon office on 033 3344 9600 to arrange an appointment in October. Quote ‘St. Gemma’s Hospice Make a Will Month’.
- At the appointment you will be handed a Make a Will Leaflet (if you don’t already have one) and an envelope
- Complete the voucher inside the leaflet and place you voucher and donation in the envelope and seal it.
A Lasting Legacy to St. Gemma’s Hospice
The cost of caring for one in five of St. Gemma’s Hospice patients is covered by gifts left in Wills. There is no obligation to leave a gift in your Will to St. Gemma’s Hospice. However, once you have provided for your loved ones, any gift you leave to St. Gemma’s Hospice – no matter what size – will help to ensure that the specialist nursing and medical care they provide will continue to be available to the people of Leeds in future. Please discuss this with your Solicitor if you would like to be part of St. Gemma’s future in this way.
*This applies to standard Wills, Mirror Wills (eg two identical Wills written for husband and wife) and Codicils (changes to your current Will). If you find that your Will is not standard and requires specialist legal advice, we will be able to advise you and agree a fee before continuing the process.