Negligent mistakes made by medical professionals during the birth of a child are amongst the most devastating for the victim and their families. In particular the effects of cerebral palsy are life changing for everyone concerned. Our specialist team has the experience to provide you with the expert advice needed to guide you through every step of your journey to compensation. This will include ensuring that we get the best possible expert advice when investigating whether or not you have a case and also ensuring that once liability is admitted, you get the best possible support and professional help to make sure that the individual affected has the best quality of life possible.
Birth injury claims cover a wide range of issues and birth related complications including:
- Birth asphyxia leading to Cerebral palsy
- Shoulder dystocia leading to brachial plexus injury and erb’s palsy
- Mismanagement of congenital hip dysplasia
- Complications of failure to recognise high risk pregnancy
- Complications due to baby being small for dates
- Errors in forceps or ventouse delivery
- Neonatal death
Some examples of our successful birth injury claims are:-
- £5.5 million awarded to a child who suffered brain injury at birth causing behavioural problems and learning difficulties. See full press release.
If you have suffered a negligent mistake made by medical professionals during birth, please contact our experienced Medical Negligence team today on 033 3344 9600 or complete our online contact form below.