Accident and Emergency Compensation Claims
Have you sustained an injury or illness as a result of medical negligence in the Accident & Emergency Department? Morrish Solicitors are experts in Accident and Emergency compensation claims, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Accident and Emergency departments play a vital part in our healthcare system, they provide essential and often life-saving treatment for members of the public. Over the years, there has been a significant rise in the number of people going to A&E, which has put a burden on resources. It is estimated that the total annual attendances at A&E departments in 2018/19 was 24.8 million, which equates to 68,000 people going each day on average. This puts huge strain on doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals as they try to reduce A&E waiting times.
In most cases, you will receive excellent care when in the A&E department. However, due to increased pressures on doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals you may have received substandard care which has caused you to sustain an injury or illness.
Am I Entitled to Make an Accident & Emergency Claim?
You may be entitled to make an Accident and Emergency claim if you’ve suffered injury or illness as a result of inadequate care provided by healthcare professionals in the A&E department.
If it can be proven negligence was the cause of your injury or illness then you may be able to receive compensation for the medical mistakes and financial losses you have suffered.
Types of A&E Compensation Claims:
Here are some types of A&E compensation claims that may occur due to medical negligence:
- Delayed treatment
- Discharging a patient prematurely
- Failure to read results properly
- Failure to carry out investigation such as x-rays, scans or blood tests
- Inadequate examination of the patient
Medical Negligence Solicitors
Morrish Solicitors are one of West Yorkshire’s leading Law Firms providing legal advice to clients in the region and nationally. Our medical negligence solicitors are experts in accident and emergency claims, we will handle your case with the utmost sensitivity and support you throughout the entire process.
Some of our medical negligence team are members of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel so, you can have peace of mind you are dealing with experts in the law.
To discuss your Accident and Emergency compensation claim, call us today on 033 3344 9600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Examples of Our Successful Accident and Emergency Compensation Claims
As experts in medical negligence, we have settled hundreds of A&E claims for clients in the UK. Here are some of our successful A&E compensation claims:
- An award of £1 million for a negligently administered intramuscular injection of Diclofenac on attendance at A&E for tooth ache which penetrated the Claimant’s sciatic nerve, leaving her considerably disabled and in chronic pain.
- An award of £40,000.00 for the failure to diagnose and treat a Pulmonary Embolism on attendance at A&E resulting in death.
- An award of £60,000.00 for the negligent administration of a lumbar puncture which was contraindicated in the presence of spina bifida resulting in permanent damage to the sacral nerve roots serving the left lower leg, leaving the Claimant with chronic pain and numbness.
- An award of £2,500.00 for the delay in diagnosis and treatment of an established scaphoid fracture. The Claimant suffered unnecessary pain and discomfort for a period of 7 months until the fracture was appropriately identified and treated.
If you have suffered an illness or injury as a consequence of substandard treatment received in the A&E department, please contact our experienced Medical Negligence team today on 033 3344 9600 or complete our online contact form below.