Employment Solicitors – Morrish’s Employment Rights Team has built a formidable reputation for representing its clients with tenacity, imagination and skill. The team works for individuals, unions, associations, professional bodies and their members across the UK. This broad experience provides us with a wider and deeper level of understanding of employment legislation and how to apply it across various industries, and in both public and private sectors. Our expertise in employment law and litigation is second to none.
In addition to representation in the Employment Tribunals and Courts we also assist individuals whilst in employment, helping with problems at work, advising on contracts of employment, internal disciplinary/grievance procedures, helping to negotiate severance packages, ACAS early conciliation and also in regulatory disciplinary processes and hearings.
We will help you tackle any difficulties you are experiencing at work. We will carefully explain to you what is involved to ensure you are given the best advice and support from your initial contact with us to a successful resolution.
Examples of the areas of employment law that our team of Leeds employment solicitors regularly advise on are:
- Unfair Dismissal and wrongful dismissal
- Whistle blowing protection
- Protective awards for failures to inform and consult in redundancy and TUPE transfer situations
- Contractual disputes, including pay, bonuses, restrictive covenants and Director’s duties
- Discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, race, pregnancy and maternity, religion and belief, sexual orientation, including harassment and victimisation
- Detrimental treatment
- Regulatory disciplinary processes and hearings such as before the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) or the Farriers Registration Council (FRC)
- Settlement (Compromise) Agreements
- Employment status
- TUPE (transfer of undertakings)
- Holiday Pay
We can advise on different sources of funding for legal representation; a ‘no win, no fee’ arrangement may be available, alternatively legal expense insurance, capped or fixed price fees.
Employment law is a complex practice. This is why our Employment Rights Team comprises of qualified Solicitors dedicated to pursuing employment issues in the courts and tribunals, ensuring your case with us is handled with the highest level of expertise.
We act for individuals across the UK.
For every case and every client we assist, we want to make sure we that you get the best representation you can. We will provide you with clear, straightforward and professional advice.
Our experience in this field includes representing individuals in important reported cases such as New Southern Railway v Quinn  ICR 761 at the EAT, concerning sex and maternity discrimination, Optare Group Ltd v TGWU  IRLR 931 at the EAT, concerning collective redundancies, Shah v First West Yorkshire Limited ET/1809311/09, one of the earliest decisions on Working Time Regulations 1998 (holiday pay during sickness absence), Wilsons Solicitors v Johnsons and others [UKEAT051510] at the EAT concerning costs and Leeds City Council v Woodhouse [2010 EWCA Civ 410], race discrimination and victimisation, at the Court of Appeal.
If you need an employment law expert please telephone 033 3344 9603 and ask to speak to:
or complete our online claim form and one of our employment solicitors in Leeds will get back to you within 24 hours.
For further information, please take a look at our employment factsheets:
- How to Handle a 'Protected Conversation'
- Employment Law Changes Summary Update
- Executive & Professional Unit
- Early Conciliation and Time Limits
- Top 10 Tips If You've Had A Disciplinary
- Top 10 Tips For Pregnant Employees
- A new job? What do I need to know about the contract I've been offered?
- A problem at work? What do I need to do to try to resolve it?
- What is a Protective Award and am I entitled to one?
- Shared Parental Leave
- Restrictive Covenants
- Compensation Limits
- Mediation and Negotiation
- Employment Discrimination: The Reality
- Unfair Dismissal
We have also published a book through iTunes - 'Constructive Criticism' - Our expert employment rights solicitor, Paul Scholey, examines what constructive dismissal claims are REALLY about, explaining the common pitfalls for claimants in this straight-talking, easy to understand guide. To view or purchase the book, click here.
Visit our employment rights blog and employment rights newsletter.